May 30 - June 15
Each year we sponsor a poster contest among Maryland high school students. The winning design is used on our printed brochures, our website, and our Tshirts for the current Play It Safe program year.
Teachers and school administrators are encouraged to make our poster contest a school project.
The contest rules are:
•The poster design contest is open to any high school student in Maryland.
•Poster needs to be an 8 ½” x11″ camera ready, portrait format (not landscape), black and white image.
•We reserve the right to color the design as deemed appropriate.
•Design must be an original drawing by the artist (not computer generated).
•Design should not include indications of body piercing, tattoos, alcohol or drug use or tobacco use.
• Design must include the following wording:
1. “Play It Safe” must be predominantly displayed, preferably at the top of the design
2. ‘19 (as in 2019) High School Grads
Ocean City, MD A Passport to Fun
3. Signature of artist must be in the lower right corner
4. Entries must include the name and address on the back of the design.
5.The entry must be accompanied by a letter on school letterhead from the respective school administrator and/or other school personnel.
6. All Play It Safe poster design entries must be postmarked no later than October 19, 2018.
7. All entries become the sole property of the OCDAAPC and the Worcester County Health Department.
The winning entry will be posted on the Play It Safe website. The winner will receive a $100 grand prize and be recognized at a major press event in Ocean City.
Mail your Play It Safe entry to:
Worcester County Health Department/Prevention Office
Attn: Play It Safe Jaclyn Lensch
P.O. Box 249
Snow Hill, MD 21863
For further information on the poster contest, please call 410-632-1100, use extension 1125.
Our 2018 Poster Contest Winner
Sydney Bak from Barbara Ingram School for the Arts in Washington County
c2018 All Rights Reserved OCDAAPC .Web Design By Smart Graphics Design, Inc.
Play It Safe Ocean City is governed by the
Ocean City Drug & Alcohol Abuse Prevention Committee, Inc.
Our 2017 Poster Contest Winner
Madison Rolf from Cambridge South Dorchester Senior High School in Dorchester County.